UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: The Definitive Guide to the UFO Mystery: New and Expanded Edition
In this revised and expanded edition of Richard Dolan's pervious classic of the UFO subject, he adds sixty new pages to bring the reader through the tumultuous journey of the UFO/UAP subject through the early 2020s. This includes a detailed treatment of the changes to our public discussion of UFOs since 2017 and what is the likely end point of this new direction. But Dolan provides much more than this, including providing critical context of the UFO subject within the broader social, political, and technological developments of our world, something that makes him unique among UFO researchers. Moreover, he never shies away from incorporating a “big picture” analysis to the phenomenon, asking difficult but important questions such as:
- How can we assess the likely intentions of the beings behind the phenomenon?
- What is the relationship if any between the UFO phenomenon and the current global revolution underway?
- What is the likely end game to UFO visitation as well as the government policies of secrecy?
- Can humanity achieve a genuine and truthful UFO “disclosure”?
Through it all, Dolan applies meticulous care in assembling facts, organizing relevant ideas and concepts, and presenting the rich history of UFOs as only he can do. For a book that was already a classic of UFO literature, Richard Dolan has given us an up-to-date version of what remains the greatest mystery of our time, covering the subject for beginners and experienced researchers alike. He offers fresh insights on everything connected to UFOs: ancient aliens, modern encounters, abductions, channelers, the politics and cover-up, the black budget world, the bizarre science, the social dimensions, the future, and much more. UFOs for the 21st Century Mind is a roadmap pointing the way forward in a field filled with uncertainty and obfuscation. In so doing, it is set to reposition an ancient phenomenon into a contemporary state of mind, reminding you just why the greatest mystery of our time is also one of the most important.
1. What Are UFOs?
2. Theories of Ancient Visitation
3. Into Modernity: Airships, Foo Fighters, and Flying Saucers, 1896 to 1969
4. UFO Secrecy and Those Who Fought It
5. Digging Deeper—The Breakaway Civilization
6. High Strangeness—UFOs from 1970 to 1990
7. UFOs, 1991 to the Present
8. Contact and Abduction
9. The Growth of Ufology
10. Who Are They? What Do They Want?
11. Weird Science: Propulsion, Energy, Spacetime, and Consciousness
12. Into the Future, Into Ourselves
13. Ufology Amid the Global Revolution, 2013-2022
543 p. Illustrated
Endorsements:"In a field that can be so confusing, so complex, Richard Dolan has taken his many years of thinking about UFOs and written a completely fresh overview of the entire subject. . . . This is an ambitious work that truly ties the many different aspects of the subject together. It's rare to find something like this, especially considering the care and thoroughness that went into it." -- George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM.
"As a follow-up to his previous books exploring the relationship between UFOs and the National Security State, historian Richard Dolan widens his perspective to explore all aspects of this provocative phenomenon. In this role, he takes us on a journey that brings to life the subtlety and depth of this rich subject, a truly captivating read."--H. E. Puthoff, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin
- December 21, 2022
- Richard M. Dolan